Saturday, October 22, 2011

Trisha Yearwood's Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese

It has been a cold and dreary day here in the Finger Lakes.  So much so that I have basically stayed inside all day perusing magazines and blogs.  This is not a bad thing.  For if it wasn't such a dreary day, I would not have found Penny's blog and her review of Trisha Yearwood's macaroni and cheese.
Since I don't have any children in my house (this weekend), I decided to make it.
So I brought out my trusty 23+ year old crock pot and had at it.
Note the rust and super glued removable crock. Love it :)
I added all the ingredients, turned it to low...
and three and 1/2 hours later, I had this...
It is one of the most delicious macaroni and cheese recipes I have made.  The only bad thing about it is that I cannot even imagine what the fat content of it is.  But, hey, what is macaroni and cheese if not fat (and delicious).  Nothing a good walk can't cure.
But it is dark and cold out you say.
Nothing a good head lamp, hat and scarf can't cure.
Make this dish and then go for a walk...
Note my little witch friend above me :)
It's a win/win situation.
Then make sure you check out Penny's blog.
It is another winner :)
Have a great night.

2 comments:

  1. I think I will take your advice for tomorrow. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked this. You look so cute in your hat. Like I said when I posted this recipe, the adults loved it but the kids would have preferred the boxed version. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...